…Monica Lewinsky finally ended up providing Presidential DNA evidence, before the media would finally take her for-real-seriously.
But these days, that evidenciary-standard seems to have slipped a little, as Herman Cain continues being beset by Politico, et.al with curiously-timed accusations from ‘Anonymous Sources’, one (Sharon Bialek) who is an accomplished grifter - and now this from Ms. Ginger White:
Let’s Review - taking this only from her own words:
- @ :28 she says that her insistence in finding another media camera to stand in front of, is not because she’s “here to say anything negative about Herman Cain”.
- @ 1:12 she admits to taking money from Herman Cain over the past 2 years (oddly, this gibes with Cain’s insistence that he had tried to ‘help her financially’)
- @ 2:30 She states that communication between herself & Cain continued until the story was “Leaked” last week - Stephanopolous points out that the timeline includes the period during which Cain was being accused of improprieties of several, simultaneous media fronts (citing the aforementioned anonymous sources & grifter)
- @ 3:41 She refers to her time-with-Cain (you know, the one she’s shilling out to whichever media outlet has a moment), as a “private relationship you don’t want to talk about”.
- @ 4:15 That intensely ‘private relationship’ is downgraded to a “casual affair”.
- @ 4:51 She states that “The funny thing about Herman Cain is that never in a million years did he probably think that I would speak out on this”
Okay - time out.
Really? A guy who’s currently being beseiged by the media over ’scandalous behavior’ (all ABSOLUTELY true of course, as it is sourced anonymously, except for one woman whose own friends and past collegues describe as a ‘gold digger’) - NEVER thought that someone who is supposed to be a ‘recently-ex-mistress of 13 years’ would reach for that 15 minutes of fame?
Really? …okay, moving on…
- @ 5:23 She must apparently - on some level - equate her private-relationship/casual-affair/side-of-the-story with the ’sexual harrassment’ of the previously-referenced accusations, as she states of those accusers “I can feel their pain”.
(will anyone my age ever be able to hear the phrase without the accompanying Clinton-flashback… or has it achived the iconic level of ‘Who you gonna call’?)
- @ 5:42 She freely admits to having ‘financial problems’ - Sounds like another one likely to be up to putting Gloria Allred on-retainer…
- @ 5:50 She admits (when Steph brings it up) that she has been previously sued for Libel - some followup to that can be found here.
Just to keep everyone on the same page - ‘Libel’ is like ‘Slander’ only in-print. Either way, it’s personally/professionally-damaging-lies-told-publicly-about-another-person.
So, a pattern of behavior, then?
- @ 6:56 She states: “I do not think he would be a good President” - further explaining that “his views are not my views”.
… but then quickly denies that this whole circus has “nothing to do with politics”.
Which of course, we must believe since “his views” never bothered her back when he was still helping her out financially…
…before she lost her Libel suit… on Nov. 3rd…
…right about the time she saw Sharon Bialek, positioning to cash-in while standing next to her media-chasing, far-too-expensive attorney.
Just sayin’ - Looks like we don’t need a blue dress anymore.